Scale doors in sketchup

From Sketchup to pencil and paper, discuss your design and development ideas here.
kevob

Scale doors in sketchup

Postby kevob » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:33 am

Is there a way to scale doors in sketchup without the style and rail width size changing?

Rogerdodge
Subscriber

Re: Scale doors in sketchup

Postby Rogerdodge » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:26 pm

I think there is , yes. Make Stiles, Rails and Panels Components ; to change the length of either or both , click edit component , scale tool , (use measure tool to mark the desired length) You might want to hide the panels whilst you do this. Once S and R s are the right lengths and back together, unhide the panels and scale them up to fit.

Rog

Oakfield
Subscriber

Postby Oakfield » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:34 pm

Or, if you haven't built it properly using components, use the select tool and draw a box down through the centre and select half the door - then use the move tool to move the stile across to where you want it. - do the same for the height.

ftacarpentry
Subscriber

Postby ftacarpentry » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 pm

I've just been querying the same thing on the skethup community forum...

https://forums.sketchup.com/t/dynamic-c ... in/46175/7

It's all about dynamic components (think of it as a combination of spreadsheets, sketchup, and how you actually make the item in question). Sounds, awful, but really isn't!

I now have a library of cabinets (carcase/faceframe/doors/drawers etc) that are scaleable without changing dimensions. It saves so much time!

Return to “Design/Development”