Case hardened wood

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
_lotusbleu

Case hardened wood

Postby _lotusbleu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:58 am

I've been getting case hardened timber more often than I'd like recently from different timber yards.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think it's reasonable to try and get a refund? I usually find trying to get anything out of timber yards is like pulling teeth, even if it's just an acknowledgment of the problem...

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Re: Case hardened wood

Postby Leveller2911 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:52 pm

I had a batch of Tulipwood a while ago , a stable timber which was ridiculous to run through the rip saw but it only showed up as it was being ripped up so there is no way I could have got a refund. Think you must be unlucky but out of interest who do you tend to deal with when buying timber?. I agree with what you say about timber yards being less than helpful when issues arise....

_lotusbleu

Re: Case hardened wood

Postby _lotusbleu » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Most recently I got some case hardened boards from Lathams. I have had it from a smaller timber yard too.

Used to find Lathams reliable and decent to deal with, but had a couple of poor experiences recently.

Return to “Woodworking”