Radiator Cover Help

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Durish

Radiator Cover Help

Postby Durish » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:52 pm

I recently made and radiator covers for the first time. The covers were made with 18mm MRMDF for the front and sides and with with 25mm MRMDF thick tops that had to be removable so i put strips of timber on the under side of the top that was tight fitting to the front and sides so they could be pushed down onto the frame and hopefully stay in place but after the first time the radiators were turned on the tops warped. These were finished in a custom colour and no fixings could be visible from the out side so screwing the top down is not an option. I would be grateful if anybody has any suggestions how i cloud solve this problem.
Thanks
Attachments
thumbnail_PHOTO-2019-01-23-12-40-45.jpg

thekarter
Occasional Poster

Re: Radiator Cover Help

Postby thekarter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:15 am

How is the radiator cover attached to the wall? Is the skirting fixed to the skirting on the wall?
Alan

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Postby Leveller2911 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 am

Keku fixing?.

thekarter
Occasional Poster

Postby thekarter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Leveller2911 wrote:Keku fixing?.

I have just looked at these fittings on youtube. The video showed how they lock in but not how they come apart. Can they be pulled apart?
Alan

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Postby Leveller2911 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:42 pm

thekarter wrote:

I have just looked at these fittings on youtube. The video showed how they lock in but not how they come apart. Can they be pulled apart?
Alan

Hi Alan, yes they pull apart and designed to do so. Good for using on access panels and I use them for the ends of kickboards on cupboards if they need to be removable.Others may have some other options

thekarter
Occasional Poster

Postby thekarter » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Leveller2911 wrote:
thekarter wrote:

Alan

Hi Alan, yes they pull apart and designed to do so. Good for using on access panels and I use them for the ends of kickboards on cupboards if they need to be removable.Others may have some other options

That's good to know. I notice that Toolstation sell them which is close to me.
Alan

Durish

Postby Durish » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:06 am

Thanks for the replies the skirting on the cover is 150mm and is butted to the skirting on the wall which is 350mm. The skirting on the wall is cut away to let the side of the cover sit against the wall. I have just order some of the Keku fixings i think these should solve the problem.

Return to “Woodworking”