FOX F50-800-110 Wet & Dry Vacuum

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Meccarroll
Subscriber

FOX F50-800-110 Wet & Dry Vacuum

Post by Meccarroll » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Any one used a FOX F50-800-110 Wet & Dry Vacuum ?

I need a vacuum or dust extractor for occasional site use mainly for my Dewalt Flip saw. I don't really want to pay a fortune as it's only occasional use at the moment about 4 hours a week and I could buy a new Fox as above for around £150 so just wondered if anyone has used one and what they think of them.

Cheers Mark

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Re: FOX F50-800-110 Wet & Dry Vacuum

Post by thatsnotafestool » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:45 pm

Mark

You could save your pennies and buy one of these £43.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SwitZer-Wet- ... BP_ukSnMKQ

I've got one that I use with my Kapex. Does what it says on the tin. Also has power take-off
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Re: FOX F50-800-110 Wet & Dry Vacuum

Post by Meccarroll » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 pm

thatsnotafestool wrote:Mark

You could save your pennies and buy one of these £43.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SwitZer-Wet- ... BP_ukSnMKQ

I've got one that I use with my Kapex. Does what it says on the tin. Also has power take-off
Took a quick look at the vacuum Roger and it does seem very keenly priced. The motor power at 1200w is good but it does not state the air flow (suction in litres) so not sure about it's pick up capabilities for my Dewalt flip saw. We are 110v on site and it looks like your vacuum is just a 240v model so I could not use it on site otherwise it may be a contender.

I'm currently working on a large house refurbishment in which we are installing a lot of studwork, timber floors and some roofing too so the 110v flip saw is used occasionally for converting (ripping down timber) section sizes. The saw is probably only used for 4-5 hours a week as most work we do does not require the timber to be converted.

The reason I'm looking at a vacuum is I have been advised to use a dust extractor while using my saw on site so really have to sort something out.

I'm also currently considering the Festool midi and Karcher 48 Litre too. The festool has power take off upto 2400w so should cope with my flip saw but the Karcher is just manual on off switching.

One thing I'm concerned about is the filter system of any vacuum as these allow the cycled air back into the air surrounding you. I'd like to breath clean air if possible! Some of the vacuums do a good job of picking up the dust but don't filter it enough when it leaves the vacuum leaving you breathing in particles of fine dust as they leave the vacuum exhasut.

I need to think about this and maybe spend a few more £££ than I originally intended.

Many thanks for the link Roger and if the spec is correct on your model the installed filter looks to be of a good spec.

Mark