Custom drawer boxes

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
The Bear

Custom drawer boxes

Post by The Bear » Sat May 25, 2019 10:25 am

Hi all
Does any one have any experience of using Probox to make solid wood dovetailed drawers? Wondering what the service and quality are like.

Also any other similar companies? Drawer Solutions Ltd seem to be no longer trading.

The Drawer Box Company seem to have restraints in terms of sizes available so not fully customisable

Any other company I should be looking at?

Cheers

Mark

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Re: Custom drawer boxes

Post by davidpidge » Sat May 25, 2019 7:40 pm

I've used probox twice. Euro Oak dovetailed drawer boxes and America ln black walnut drawer boxes/fronts.
Service is outstanding and the quality is fantastic. Lead times are quite long so ring now and ask for an estimate on that. Drawers can be drilled for your preferred runners and their prices on blum movento are competitive.
So yes, highly recommended! Check my photos on instagram @mr_pidgeon

furynaturre
Subscriber

Post by furynaturre » Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Dear Mark,

The Drawer Box Company are excellent, they will make you anything at all, any size, any type, any timber and even any dovetail layout (ie shallow drawer you may only want two pins), just speak to Paul or Simon.

It's very difficult, at least I think so, to convey everything a company can do through a website that is also used for transactions for more standard items.

I have no connection with the Drawer Box Company, just extremely impressed with the product and service I received, as well as the flexibility.

Regards

James

The Bear

Post by The Bear » Sun May 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Thanks for both replies, both useful

Many thanks

Mark

PABLO123
Subscriber

Post by PABLO123 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:40 am

Hi Mark,
I am Paul one of the owners of the Drawerbox company. James is exactly right about the website its difficult to put everything
on there. Give us a shout I'm sure we will be able to help you out. Thanks James for the shout out

Paul